October 14, 2007

Online Resource Extravaganza


So many online teaching resources...so little time to explore them all! Do you ever feel like that? I sure do. But what a wonderful problem to have. When I find one I like and that I think will work for my students I try it out with them. Then I assess how beneficial it was to use with them. Many times I will use that resource again and share it with my colleagues. Here are some of my favorite online activities that I have used with my third graders so far this year:


Writing: Online Letter Generator allows students to write a letter and learn about the parts of a letter


Reading: Starfall is a site designed for pre-school through second grade students who are learning how to read. I use it with some of my third graders with special needs-they love it! Teachers can even order reading and writing journals that go along with the online stories (for free).


Math: Learning Planet is a great place for pre-school through 6th graders to work on basic math facts and skip counting skills. My students can easily play the games on this site and enjoy coming back to them again, and again.


Do you know of any wonderful online teaching resources? What are they?

No comments: